Three Options for JPII Outdoor Lab This Fall
In the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, many schools are canceling off-site and overnight field trips. After months of school closures and online instruction, we know how critical it is to reignite a student’s sense of wonder through engaging lessons, and how revitalizing it is for students to spend time in the great outdoors. This fall, JPII Outdoor Lab is offering three options so that your school can choose the program that is the right fit for you!
New This Fall:
JPII Outdoor Lab Comes to Your School
- Onsite program brings dynamic missionary Field Instructors to your school
- Build a program for multiple classes and grades (K-12)
- Flexible length of program
- Experience the fun and depth of JPII Outdoor Lab on your campus or at a nearby natural area
New This Fall:
Family JPII Outdoor Lab in the Rocky Mountains
- Parents/family members experience JPII Outdoor Lab with your children grades 5-8 at Annunciation Heights
- Ideal for families doing online schooling or for students whose schools have canceled field trips
- One week for moms; One week for dads; One week for any family adult (aunt, etc) to allow flexibility for working parents
- Packaged cost
- Open registration online for families; no need to register with a school
School Groups Come to JPII Outdoor Lab in the Rocky Mountains
- Three or Four day programs, Tuesdays – Fridays
- September, 2020 through May, 2021
- Residential program includes lessons in the great outdoors, lodging, and meals – along with Mass, confession, and time of prayer in Eucharistic Adoration
- Arranged via direct contract
Read Below for Details!!
Why JPII Outdoor Lab?
Through an authentic encounter with Christ in creation, JPII Outdoor Lab awakens in young people their full and active relationships with God, themselves, others, and creation. JPII Outdoor Lab equips students to be good stewards of creation through outdoor scientific exploration within the context of the sacraments and Catholic Church teaching about authentic reconciliation of all relationships.
Founded in 2008, JPII Outdoor Lab is inpsired by Pope St. John Paul II’s encyclical letter “Fides et Ratio” (Faith and Reason) and fueled by the desire to lead youth to Christ. In 2018, JPII Outdoor Lab became a program of Annunciation Heights Catholic Youth and Family Camp near Allenspark, Colorado (just two miles north of Camp Saint Malo!). We now have the ability to use both beautiful properties for programs all year long.
JPII Outdoor Lab is strongly endorsed by the Archdiocese of Denver, and its programs are led by Altum Institute Missionary Field Instructors from Annunciation Heights, all certified in Safe Environment, First Aid, and CPR.
"I love the program and so greatly appreciate the mix of faith and science. It is so wonderful for our students to see young people living their faith. The missionaries were fantastic!"
"I learned to be respectful, to trust myself, to step out of my comfort zone, to be like a brother to those around me, and to be grateful for my experiences. It was a very perspective changing experience."
-Juan Pablo, 8th grade student
Option #1: JPII Outdoor Lab Comes to Your School
We bring our awesome missionary field instructors to your school or a nearby park! Your class will receive instruction in the same dynamic lessons as if you were up at camp, including human survival, forestry, mountain meteorology, and so much more!
Additionally, you can book our team over the course of one, two, three, or even four days, and we can split our time among number grades and classes! Optional evening programs are also available.
Option #2: Family JPII Outdoor Lab in the Rocky Mountains
Come up with your child to Annunciation Heights to experience the fun and learning of JPII Outdoor Lab TOGETHER! Register with your child, and join other families as they experience what it means to have the Rocky Mountains as your classroom for a few days. Weeks are designated below. All Archdiocese of Denver schools are giving excused absences for attendance of this program! Click below to register today!
October 7-9: Open to any family adult (moms, dads, aunts, uncles, grandparents) with 5th-8th grade students
October 14-16: Open to MOTHER’S with 5th-8th grade students
October 21-23: Open to FATHER’S with 5th-8th grade students
- Package Price: $425 for parent/child pair
- $100 for each additional child
Option #3: School Groups on Camp
Bring your class to camp for the traditional JPII Outdoor Lab program offered for over 12 years. Our missionary instructors will teach your class the lessons in the beauty of the Rocky Mountains! Mass, adoration, confession, campfires, and so much more will make your class’s time on camp a time of growth and joy!
COVID-19 and JPII Outdoor Lab
Annunciation Heights abides by all current directives of the State of CO and Larimer County, as well as industry standards, to keep you, your class, and your family safe! We believe that we can do this while also offering a dynamic, faith-filled program, in all of the formats above:
- For programs on camp:
- Families will come to camp as singular units, housed as such with their own bathrooms.
- Classes will be housed and fed with only their class and will not mix with any other groups
- Our land and facilities allow us the flexibility to do much of our instruction and activities outside or in our open-air pavilion.
- Annunciation Heights has implemented a rigorous sanitization plan to keep guests and staff as healthy as we can. Please see our COVID-19 policy page for more details.
- For on-site programs:
- Our staff will undergo daily health checks to ensure their readiness to enter the classroom environment.
- All instruction will be done in accord with school-specific and county standards.
During your time at camp, there will be appropriate regulations in place to allow for social distancing and to minimize risk of exposure – in accordance with state/county health direction and industry best practice. While participating in specific activities or events, you may be asked to wear a mask. Nevertheless, we will do everything possible to minimize the affect of these regulations on your family.
We are hopeful and excited about JPII Outdoor Lab this fall. Yes, the situation in CO surrounding COVID-19 is ever-changing, and as such, developments will occur in the coming weeks and month. Hence, all programming is fully contingent on current industry guidance and state/county regulation. In the event of any cancellation or adjustment of programming, our Camp Fee Assurance Program will remain in affect. Many thanks for trusting us as we look forward to not only keeping you healthy but also having a ton of fun while learning a lot this fall!
Meet the Awesome Staff and Missionary Field Instructors
We believe that what makes for an awesome Outdoor Lab experience are awesome staff who are passionate, faithful, and fun! Click below to meet the men and women of Annunciation Heights, who can’t wait to serve your class or your family!