Three Options for Summit School Programming
In the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, many schools are canceling off-site and overnight field trips. After months of school closures and online instruction, we know how critical it is to reignite a student’s sense of wonder through engaging lessons, and how revitalizing it is for students to spend time in the great outdoors. This fall, the Summit School is offering three options so that your school can choose the program that is the right fit for you!
New This Fall:
Summit School Comes to You
- Onsite program brings dynamic Field Instructors to your school
- Build a program for multiple classes and grades (K-12)
- Flexible length of program
- Experience the fun and depth of the Summit School on your campus or at a nearby natural area
Summit School at Camp
- Three or Four day programs, Tuesdays – Fridays
- September, 2020 through May, 2021
- Residential program includes lessons in the great outdoors, lodging, and meals – along with team games, activities, and campfires
- Arranged via direct contract
New This Fall:
High Adventure Program at Camp
- Bring your class to experience the adventures of camp together!
- Embark on a real adventure on our NEWLY-EXPANDED high ropes course (with a brand-new Giant Swing!), the 1000 foot zip-line, and team-building low ropes activities
- Go on an educational and engaging hike with knowledgable instructors in the beauty Rocky Mountains
Read Below for Details!!
Why Summit School?
It is no secret that youth come alive in the outdoors! Especially in the wake of COVID-19 and quarantine, adventure and learning in the mountains bring students out of themselves. Not only do they learn about nature, wonder, and the value of working together; they also learn so much about themselves! But don’t listen to us! Hear from those who have come to the Summit School themselves!!
"Everything exceeded my expectations. I was just very impressed with how great all the leaders and staff were. Would absolutely come back!"
"I have become more attentive towards nature. I used to think it was boring, but now it is beautiful to me. I also learned that everybody is unique in their own way."
-Austin, 6th grade student
Option #1: Summit School Comes to You
We bring our awesome field instructors to your school or a nearby park! Your class will receive instruction in the same dynamic lessons as if you were up at camp, including human survival, forestry, mountain meteorology, and so much more!
Additionally, you can book our team over the course of one, two, three, or even four days, and we can split our time among number grades and classes! Optional evening programs are also available.
Option #2: Summit School at Camp in the Rocky Mountains
Bring your class to camp for the traditional Summit School program offered for over 12 years. Our field instructors will teach your class the lessons in the beauty of the Rocky Mountains! Activities, campfires, and so much more will make your class’s time on camp a time of growth and joy!
Option #3: High Adventure Program on Camp in the Rocky Mountains
New this fall, we are offering High Adventure weeks, where students can come and experience the fun, freedom, and energy of real mountain adventure. Engage in activities that include:
- NEWLY-EXPANDED High Ropes Course (including the newly added Giant Swing and Leap of Faith!)
- 1000-foot Zip Line
- Low Ropes Team-building Challenges
- Human Survival Training
- Guided Hikes in the Rocky Mountains
Let your students learn in action as they take steps into the unknown! Contact Annunciation Heights today for details!
COVID-19 and the Summit School
Annunciation Heights abides by all current directives of the State of CO and Larimer County, as well as industry standards, to keep you, your class, and your family safe! We believe that we can do this while also offering a dynamic, engaging program, in all of the formats above:
- For programs on camp:
- Classes will come to camp as singular units, housed as such with their own bathrooms.
- Classes will be housed and fed with only their class and will not mix with any other groups
- Our land and facilities allow us the flexibility to do much of our instruction and activities outside or in our open-air pavilion.
- Annunciation Heights has implemented a rigorous sanitization plan to keep guests and staff as healthy as we can. Please see our COVID-19 policy page for more details.
- For on-site programs:
- Our staff will undergo daily health checks to ensure their readiness to enter the classroom environment.
- All instruction will be done in accord with school-specific and county standards.
During your time at camp, there will be appropriate regulations in place to allow for social distancing and to minimize risk of exposure – in accordance with state/county health direction and industry best practice. While participating in specific activities or events, you may be asked to wear a mask. Nevertheless, we will do everything possible to minimize the affect of these regulations on your family.
We are hopeful and excited about the Summit School this fall. Yes, the situation in CO surrounding COVID-19 is ever-changing, and as such, developments will occur in the coming weeks and month. Hence, all programming is fully contingent on current industry guidance and state/county regulation. In the event of any cancellation or adjustment of programming, our Camp Fee Assurance Program will remain in affect. Many thanks for trusting us as we look forward to not only keeping you healthy but also having a ton of fun while learning a lot this fall!